WP Migrate DB – WordPress Migration Made Easy
251 Reviews, TrustScore 4.54
Project In WP Migrate DB – WordPress Migration Made Easy
WP Migrate DB takes the hassle out of moving your WordPress site.
WP Migrate DB is a WordPress migration plugin that makes exporting and migrating your database easy, fast, and straightforward.
Each migration takes shape in the form of an easy to follow three-step process.
- Find and replace the data you want directly within the WP Migrate DB interface.
- Export the SQL.
- Import into your new database using a tool such as phpMyAdmin
Simple, right? We believe that WordPress database migration doesn’t have to be overly technical or opaque. Instead, WP Migrate DB was created with the sole aim of making WordPress site migration easy.
WP Migrate DB fully supports serialized data and arrays and can find and replace content within serialized arrays. What does this mean for you? It means it’s far easier to migrate your database, and there’s no risk of data corruption.
WP Migrate DB handles serialized data by unserializing the data and going through it, identifying strings and running a find & replace on them. Once it has gone through all the data, it serializes it again and sticks it back in the database.
You’re also able to run in-place find and replace, which lets you find and replace on the current database (without migration).
Testimonials – WordPress Experts Love Us
We’ve made an impact since launching the first version of WP Migrate DB with over 300,000 active installs, and hundreds of 5* reviews on WordPress.org. WP Migrate DB is, in our opinion, the best WordPress migration plugin. Don’t just take our word for it though:
WP Migrate DB Pro might be the most amazing thing that has happened in a really long time in the #WordPress world – Pippin Williamson – Founder, Sandhills Development.
Today, I give continued thanks to @dliciousbrains for migrate db pro and the ease at which it offers migrations from dev-to-and-from-staging – Tom Mcfarlin – Senior Backend Engineer, WebDevStudios.
How did I ever survive without WP Migrate DB Pro before? #winning – Jenny Beaumont – Senior Project Manager, Human Made.
Tell me more
What about if you want to migrate your site entirely, including files and media?
With the Pro version of WP Migrate DB, you can migrate an entire WordPress site quickly and easily. Take the time spent migrating a website from hours upon hours to minutes.
What’s this about Pro?
Glad you asked! WP Migrate DB Pro is the perfect accompaniment to any WordPress developer’s toolbox. Here’s what you get over free:
- Priority email support
- Push and pull databases from one environment to the other
- Push and pull media libraries from one site to another
- Push and pull theme and plugin files from one site to another
- Advanced multisite features like pushing a subsite to single site install.
- Command-line support (Use WP-CLI with WP Migrate DB)
- Backup your data before starting the migration.
- Targeted WordPress database migration. Select which tables to migrate and exclude post types from migrations.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg, we’re always working on adding value to WP Migrate DB Pro!
Find out about the incredible value that WP Migrate DB Pro brings on our website, or watch the video below.
Works super. I have a Nano Pi Neo and backup my WordPress on it on LAN with this plugin.
One thing would be good if you could do this. My table prefix is wp2_ and it was very good saying that error and it said to edit the wp-config.php so that was very good. But it would be nice if it would ask if you just want to just over wight the wp_ in wp-config.php.
Now my Date base has 2 WordPress Data now. Both wp_ and wp2_ in the Data base.
All so it be good if you could sync the Media too.
Did use the Import but it would error on my big Media.
Thank you for this plug in!
thanks, this thing is super! i’ve been struggling with a basic automated deployment solution for pushing my local stuff online and this was the final link in the chain.
i use it in combination with automatic ftp pushes through dploy.io
now i can update my staging environment in minutes after a push to the site’s repository!
I was having trouble with an Elegant Theme and the “timthumb script” (I think) after moving my site to a new domain. Many, not all of my image links were broken. I used this plugin to export the database from the the old url and it solved the issues. Took but a few minutes. Thanks.
Been using wordpress for a couple of years now, and had many issues last times uploading my local site so i was quite “unhopeful” this would work.
Migrated my site from http://www.inazio.net to http://www.izstudio.net and had no issues at all. Amazing!
PS remember to make the two changes in your wp.config.php
I used to just dump WP databases and search/replace for URLs when migrating from a local server to a production server but I was finding that due to string lengths being stored as well (I didn’t know this previously) certain themes would reset all their settings on migration, links would occasionally fail etc. Presumably this is some sort of security/corruption rebuild. Anyway, this plugin cuts out all the tedious work and does everything perfectly. Completely mirrored database with updated URLs! I will definitely be purchasing Pro, if not only to say thanks for saving me so much time and hassle. Very well designed plugin indeed.
Wonderful! I lost a lot of time trying to migrate the local server to the production server. I had many problems caused by the serialization of widgets and themes, with this plugin, I could very easily export the database, avoiding “search” and “replace” from the text editor. This plugin is required for those wishing to migrate professionally. I can migrate my site and others… thank you from Colombia!.
The free version doesn’t take care of images but it does save time in changing the URLs during the database creation process. I’ve used this plugin multiple times and it’s worked flawlessly.
I’ve run into an issue where the webhost I’m using doesn’t like it when I try to download the GZIP compressed database but at least it gives me the raw SQL file to download as a backup. Even after working with the webhost to straighten thinks out, I still couldn’t download the compressed database file.
But since this thing changes the URLs during the migration process, that in itself is 5 stars from me.
You would think oh, how convenient, download a DB copy with the domain names already replaced, all in one shot. Ready to upload to the new server.
But no, the script does the search&replace on the actual site, which inevitably breaks. In fact, the download doesn’t even happen anymore because the site breaks before it gets a chance to initiate it.
Not even a warning–are you sure?–or similar.
Actually, I can’t even imagine a scenario where you would (or could!) use this functionality… You are logged in to example.com and run the script, replacing example.com with domain.com. Once this is done, your example.com website breaks and you can’t do anything anymore. What am I missing?
- Do I have to set up my WordPress migration manually each time?
- Is WP Migrate DB compatible with WordPress multisite?
- I have a ton of spam comments on my site, can I exclude those from the migration?
- What if a plugin corrupts my WordPress migration?
- Can I migrate my entire WordPress website with this?
- Question: What format is my WordPress database exported in?
- I’ve always been told exporting my WordPress database is difficult, what makes this different?
- Can I use WP Migrate DB to move to new web hosting?
- What exactly does push/pull databases mean?
- What about serialized data? Will my data remain intact?
- Will you migrate my WordPress website for me?
- Can I use the command line (WP-CLI)?
- Can I migrate to a new domain?
- What are the steps to migrate my site with WP Migrate DB?
- Why is WP Migrate DB better than Updraft, Duplicator, and Search Replace DB?
- Can I clone WordPress, or duplicate WordPress using WP Migrate DB?
- Is FTP a thing of the past?
- Will this work with my hosting provider?
- How about backing up my database?
- What support is provided?
- Where can I find out about the pricing of WP Migrate DB Pro?
This profile is being listed freely by Cloodo community member. If you are owner of this profile, please click here to
Cloodo is open for all usefull and constructive reviews which is almost automatically published, but we fight fake reviews